What is Plantthey.com pop-up ads
Plantthey.com pop-up ads is a generic name given to a potentially not wanted program (PUP) by the virus elimination tool you’ve installed. There’s no need to be too worried about PUPs as they are somewhat trivial threats. To avoid discovery and uninstallation, the PUP may be hidden as a handy application. Users oftentimes run into PUPs advertised as credible computer cleaners or anti-virus programs, and typically games. PUPs are fundamentally programs that can install without you having to permit it explicitly, and then use scare tactics to make you buy worthless services. If your PUP is a system optimizer or an anti-virus tool, the program will try to encourage you to buy the full version of the program, while browser extensions will display you loads of advertisements in order to make income. Not only is the PUP useless, it will also get on your nerves, which is why you ought to delete Plantthey.com pop-up ads.
Download Removal Toolto remove Plantthey.com pop-up ads
PUP distribution ways
You could have also set up the potentially unwanted application yourself, believing it to be some kind of beneficial piece of software. We would suggest doing more extensive research in the future before installing programs if you wish to avoid potentially unwanted programs.
The program could have also installed via bundled software without you knowing it. Software bundling is a rather simple installation technique. In cases when unnecessary applications are added to free programs as extra offers, they are permitted to install alongside. Those offers are not immediately apparent, which leads to a lot of users accidentally allowing them to install.
So as to block unnecessary items from installing, be more attentive during program installation. The only way to be able to see the offers is to pick Advanced (Custom) options. Not only will you see what has been attached to the program, but you will also be given the chance to deselect all offers.
Is Plantthey.com pop-up ads harmful
Widely used security utilities like Kaspersky, Symantec, Avast, Malwarebytes, TrendMicro and ESET will use this generic detection name Plantthey.com pop-up ads for certain generic PUP infections. Even if major anti-virus tools find it, that doesn’t mean it’ll damage your PC in a serious way. PUPs do not directly damage your computer, and instead attempt to make income by tricking you into making useless software purchases or by filling your screen with adverts. More ads than usual is generally the initial sign of a program being a PUP, no matter which kind you have.
In case you missed the memo, we advise against buying full versions of PUPs as they frequently do not actually work. And we certainly do not recommend interacting with PUP brought about adverts, as they may expose you to malware or scams.
How to uninstall Plantthey.com pop-up ads
The reason you stumbled upon this could be because the anti-virus program securing your PC identifies but does not erase Plantthey.com pop-up ads. You can also uninstall Plantthey.com pop-up ads manually or try another anti-virus program if your current one can’t repair the problem. To help you, you will find below this article. Sometimes, your anti-malware tool might report a false positive, which essentially means a threat is falsely identified.
Learn how to remove Plantthey.com pop-up ads from your computer
- Step 1. Uninstall Plantthey.com pop-up ads
- Step 2. Scan your computer with anti-malware software for Plantthey.com pop-up ads removal.
Step 1. Uninstall Plantthey.com pop-up ads
a) Windows 7/XP
- Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features.
- Uninstall all suspicious programs
b) Windows 8/8.1
- Right-click on the start icon, located at the lower left corner.
- Click Control Panel and then Programs and Features.
- Uninstall all suspicious programs.
c) Windows 10
- Search 'Control Panel'. The search option can be found in the Start menu, next to the Shutdown button.
- Select Control Panel in the results.
- Pick Programs and Features.
- Uninstall all suspicious programs.
d) Mac OS X
- Open Finder and click Applications (left side of the window)
- Find the programs you want gone, right-click on them.
- Pick Move to Trash.
- Empty the Trash by right-clicking the icon on your dock, and selecting Empty Trash.
Step 2. Scan your computer with anti-malware software for Plantthey.com pop-up ads removal.
- Click the button below to download WiperSoft Antimalware:
- Run WiperSoft installer to install the software:
- Click SCAN NOW! to detect all the risks and computer infections:
- Click REMOVE THREATS to remove Plantthey.com pop-up ads and all the virus and malware from your computer: